With less than a week until Halloween, I’m in a full-fledged fall mood. And I don’t know about you, but I’ve always loooooved everything pumpkin! Did you know pumpkins have TONS of skin benefits, too? From amino acids, antioxidants, and other skin-friendly ingredients, you’ll definitely want to use pumpkins for more than decorating! Let alone PSLs, pie, and even seeds…I found a DIY perfect-for-fall pumpkin mask, and I’m here to share how to make yours! (Of course, nothing beats my all-time-fave masque from Enza.)
I am SO about a simple list of ingredients. And you may even have most of these items in your cupboard already!
- Pumpkin (fresh, not canned – 1 slice)
- 1 egg
- Teaspoon organic honey
- Apple cider vinegar (to reduce inflammation) or lemon juice (to brighten and reduce oil)
- First, cleanse and tone your skin (with the best products for your skin type!) to prep for your mask.
- Next, blend your pumpkin so it is a smooth consistency (but it will still have that pumpkin-y texture).
- Using a whisk, combine the egg, honey, and apple cider vinegar or lemon juice together in a separate bowl. Be careful: too much vinegar or lemon juice can be too acidic for your skin – all you need is a few drops!
- Finally, mix in about a half of a cup of your blended pumpkin puree, and apply generously to your face, neck, and chest. Sit back and relax for up to 20 minutes, then rinse!
Not only was the smell and texture of this pumpkin face mask amazing, but my skin felt smoother and firmer in such a short amount of time! I used just apple cider vinegar to help with my complexion. I’ll be using this fall treat through this season, but nothing beats how my skin feels after using Enza Essentials Pore Extraction Masque – plus, it’s definitely less messy and a time-saver!
Have you tried a fall-inspired mask yet? If you try this pumpkin one, let me know how your skin felt in the comments! Then, shop my oh-so-cozy seasonal favorites below. Here’s to happy fall (skin) y’all!