Sure, it’s winter and we’re bundled up and freezing and miserable. It seems like there is no possible reason as to why you need SPF in the winter. Well I have a few very important reasons for you not to stow it away quite yet.
1. When you’re outside skiing, snowshoeing, ice fishing, etc., snow is reflecting the sun’s UV rays and completely exposing you. Even the smallest amount of UV damage adds up over time. And who wants sunspots? I know I don’t.
2. Protect yourself against skin cancer. One in five Americans will develop skin cancer in the course of a lifetime according to the Skin Cancer Foundation. So when Ri Ri calls and invites you to Barbados with her, grab a broad spectrum sunscreen to protect against both UVA and UVB rays.
3. You know you could use that extra moisture. The Advanced Protection SPF is the perfect lightweight sunscreen that’s even beneficial for oily skin. Formulated with vitamins and minerals, it actually may be all the moisture you need.
4. Pale skin is in. I mean, just look at her. Flawless.
5. Airplane windows do not offer UV protection. On your next holiday flight, apply your sunscreen at least 30 minutes before take-off. Beauty Bonus: Advanced Protection SPF 30 is the perfect moisturizer for that extra-dry air.
6. It’s good to just get in the habit. Ask any Hollywood actress with beautiful skin what her best kept beauty secret is and she’ll probably tell you she stayed out of the sun.
Keep that SPF out!